WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU CAN’T GET THROUGH?
Put yourself, for moment, into your customers’ shoes (and while you’re at it, think of yourself as a customer (of banks, mobile phone, broadband, builder, plumbing, tech, retailers and hospitality businesses).
You have an enquiry, or a query.
You try their:
- FAQs – all geared up to becoming a customer but not quite cutting the info you really need
- FAQs – for satisfied customers but not answering the question(s) you have
- No phone number – mass frustration at having to fill in a form and send it into the ether
- A phone number – that doesn’t get answered but refers you to the web site you’ve already looked at
- A phone number that goes to voicemail
- Full of good salesy stuff but referring you their web site for anything else (see above)
- See points 4 and 5 above
In the short term, whilst times are good and customers abound, lack of customer attention, minimal if any telephone contact provision and AI or FAQ heavy communication is a great way to improve profit margin.
It’s a loser’s game
Unless you’re in a monopoly situation, which is not the case (at least for long) for small businesses.
Customer focussed, customer centric businesses who claim to care for their customers are the ones who listen to their customers, but you can’t listen to them if they can’t talk to you!
Differentiation is vital
It comes from product superiority, which only lasts as long as new customers can get access to you quickly, or service superiority, which, well, ditto.
Living in the moment is a great thing, but not where your future revenue and growth is concerned, you need to generate, nurture, protect and develop your leads, whilst simultaneously looking after your existing and past clients who might be some of your best referrers or repeat customers.
This is our sweet spot
What’s more we can do more than just answer a call, we can deal with it, like one of your own team, we’ll give great service, info, handling enquiries and queries, ensuring great communication between you and your customers, a constant flow of new business (that didn’t hang up or give up and go elsewhere) and bit more of your time back.
We’ll be there to answer, it’s what we do best: 01733 645007.